"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." - Helen Keller

My photo
I am a wife of 21 years (almost 22) to Don, and we have two sons and one cocker spaniel (Daisy). Dylan is 19 years old and attends WVU in pursuit of a Chemical Engineering Degree. Matthew is a Junior at BHS, plays ice hockey constantly and has big dreams of becoming a doctor someday. My greatest joy is spending time with them all, which this class is really putting a damper on.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Appropriate a Video

Today's assignment required students to find a video on YouTube, download it, then upload it back to YouTube.  I explored YouTube and found a cute Thanksgiving video which is a "turkey" version of the M.C. Hammer song, Can't Touch This.  My video title is Can't Stuff This.   Once I found the video I downloaded it to RealPlayer and converted it to FLV format.  Then I went to YouTube and tried to upload my video.  This is where it got a little confusing.  I had to open a YouTube account (which I did and will explain in the next blog post) before I could complete the upload.  To complete the assignment, I went back to YouTube and clicked on the "upload" button.  Then I simply obtained the video from my video file, and dragged and dropped it in the "select files from computer" box.  See image for clarity.
  Then I filled in the title of the video, description, tags, and some other information.  Once uploaded, I received a URL address to view my video.

The ISTE NETS T standard that relates to this assignment are number two and three.  For number two, teachers could develop a technology-enriched learning environment in which videos on a specific topic could be uploaded for students to view.  This would allow for a good variety and allow for different learning styles.  And what a cool activity for students.  For number three, this assignment demonstrates fluency in technology systems and might allow teachers to share relevant information IN A FUN WAY.

 Now you can check out my cute video.  Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment