"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." - Helen Keller

My photo
I am a wife of 21 years (almost 22) to Don, and we have two sons and one cocker spaniel (Daisy). Dylan is 19 years old and attends WVU in pursuit of a Chemical Engineering Degree. Matthew is a Junior at BHS, plays ice hockey constantly and has big dreams of becoming a doctor someday. My greatest joy is spending time with them all, which this class is really putting a damper on.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Week #5 Interview Highlights


I found McKenzye to be more knowledgeable about technology than I thought she would be at the ripe ol' age of 10.  Here are some of the highlights from my interview.

Me: What’s your favorite technology?

McKenzye: The IPAD

Me: Do you use your mom’s computer?

McKenzye: Yes.

Me: What kinds of things do you use the computer for?

McKenzye: Uhmm, I use it to go on websites.

Me: What websites do you like to visit?

McKenzye: My school website.

Me: Tell me about your school website.

McKenzye: We have like these things where we can go to ask our teacher questions about homework, and I have a student email.  The principal looks over the emails.  We can email friends but can’t give any personal information so that it’s appropriate.  Well, we can give our favorite color.  It’s exactly like email with a list of friends.  We can paperclip links and PowerPoints.  We can write notes and send links to friends that we think they might like.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed by her use of technology in school! This will be an interesting case!

    ReplyDelete