"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." - Helen Keller

My photo
I am a wife of 21 years (almost 22) to Don, and we have two sons and one cocker spaniel (Daisy). Dylan is 19 years old and attends WVU in pursuit of a Chemical Engineering Degree. Matthew is a Junior at BHS, plays ice hockey constantly and has big dreams of becoming a doctor someday. My greatest joy is spending time with them all, which this class is really putting a damper on.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Introduction

Hello.  My name is Connie Epperly.  I was born and raised in the small town of Cool Ridge located in southern West Virginia.  My first love is my family.  I have been married for twenty-one years and have two sons, Dylan and Matthew.  I spent countless hours watching my boys at the soccor field and hockey rink.  Dylan is now a Sophomore at WVU in the Chemical Engineering Program and Matthew is a Junior at Bridgeport High School.  I was a stay-at-home mom for eleven years (best decision ever made) when I finally decided what I wanted to be when I grew up.  A teacher.  I put my first and fourth graders on a bus and I went to school as well.

I graduated from Fairmont State University in May of 2007 with a BA in Education and became certified to teach K-6.  The rest is a blur.  I subbed in Barbour and Harrison Counties for one year and landed a full-time position teaching third grade at West Milford Elementary School in Harrison County.  In 2009, I moved to a second grade classroom, and I loved it!

The biggest obstacle that I have found in teaching is integrating technology into the classroom.  I am technologically challenged!  Without giving away my age, I will say that I grew up in a time without cell phones and computers.  I actually took a typing class using a typewriter.  I am willing to learn, but it is a constant struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment