"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." - Helen Keller

My photo
I am a wife of 21 years (almost 22) to Don, and we have two sons and one cocker spaniel (Daisy). Dylan is 19 years old and attends WVU in pursuit of a Chemical Engineering Degree. Matthew is a Junior at BHS, plays ice hockey constantly and has big dreams of becoming a doctor someday. My greatest joy is spending time with them all, which this class is really putting a damper on.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Self Portrait

The second assignment for today was to create a self portrait using Picassohead.  I must be honest, the thought of doing computer homework after a grueling Monday was excruciating.  That is until I got in to it.  The assignment was very fun and simple.  Picassohead allows the user to create a piece of art by adding differerent features, such as a face, eyes, and lips (to name a few) onto a blank canvas.  Once added, the features' positions can then be manipulated and moved and color can be added.  My portrait was snipped (using the Snipping Tool) and was saved as a JPEG file in my pictures.

Students would love this activity.  The ISTE NETS T standard which relates to this assignment is number one:  Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity.  Art is an area in schools today that seems to be forgotten.  With the push to increase Reading and Math skills, time does not allow to fit it all in adequately.  Using this website would be a great opportunity to teach a lesson on Pablo Picasso and allow students to create a self portrait to share with their friends and family.

I hope you enjoy the self prtrait that I have created.



No comments:

Post a Comment