"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." - Helen Keller

My photo
I am a wife of 21 years (almost 22) to Don, and we have two sons and one cocker spaniel (Daisy). Dylan is 19 years old and attends WVU in pursuit of a Chemical Engineering Degree. Matthew is a Junior at BHS, plays ice hockey constantly and has big dreams of becoming a doctor someday. My greatest joy is spending time with them all, which this class is really putting a damper on.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

BenderConverter

Today's assignment was to rip a video from YouTube, download it onto your computer, and then to place it in your Blog to be viewed by all.  What a nightmare!!!  I worked on this one for three days.  I am finally beginning to get a clearer picture of the process.  

First, I downloaded Real Player from the course list.  Using Real Player, I searched and found several videoes from You Tube that could be used in a second grade classroom, and I downloaded them.  This is the point where I had a lot of problems.  I could not figure out how to convert them into MP3's.  WMV was simple, MP3... not so much.  In order to convert files to MP3's, Foxtab (Video to MP3 Converter) was downloaded.  I added a file from my Real Player downloads to Foxtab and converted them to MP3's.  I then signed into Google Pres, created a one-slide presentation, and inserted my video (fairly simple compared to the rest of it).  I just hope it works.

The next part of the assignment required that I embed my Google doc into my Blog.  I tried this at least four or five times.  Now it seems so simple!!!! Your Google doc presentation needs to be open.  Click the pull-down arrow beside share and click publish/embed.   View video for clarification.  A link will be displayed at the bottom of the page.  Copy and paste the link in the "Edit HTML" tool of your Blog.  The video should appear (hopefully). 

The ISTE NETS Standards that relates to this assignment are:
2) Design and Developo Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assesments
3) Model Digitl-Age Work and Learning

This assignment allowed m to demonstrate fluency in technology systems while customizing and personalizing larning activtes for different types of  learners.  In my (little) experience, I have found that many learn a lot by watching educational videoes.  This appears to double when you add music to that video.  I still remember the Preamble from my childhood (long ago).   However, I do still have to sing it.



The following is the downloaded video.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment