"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." - Helen Keller

My photo
I am a wife of 21 years (almost 22) to Don, and we have two sons and one cocker spaniel (Daisy). Dylan is 19 years old and attends WVU in pursuit of a Chemical Engineering Degree. Matthew is a Junior at BHS, plays ice hockey constantly and has big dreams of becoming a doctor someday. My greatest joy is spending time with them all, which this class is really putting a damper on.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Word Cloud

Today's assignment was to create a Word Cloud using Wordle.  A Word Cloud is a great visual tool that can be used to reinforce a skill or concept.  Simply type your text into the cloud and click go.  The more times you type a word, the bigger the word is.  I love Wordle and have used it before.  It is "usually" idiot-proof.  My favorite way to use Wordle is with the parts of speech, but I can think of many ideas for a word cloud in all subject areas and grade levels; family members, different digraphs and/or other phonic skills, parts of the body, West Virginia counties,  and presidents,  just to name a few. 

I chose to create a word cloud using adjectives.  I went to the Wordle website, typed in my information, and clicked go.  I then explored some of the different options to change my product (layout, color, edit, language, and font). 


The ISTE NETS T that relates to Wordle is number one: Facilitates and Inspires Student Learning and Creatity.  Students can create a peice of art for mom while (hopefully) remembering the lesson that lead to the product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment