"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." - Helen Keller

My photo
I am a wife of 21 years (almost 22) to Don, and we have two sons and one cocker spaniel (Daisy). Dylan is 19 years old and attends WVU in pursuit of a Chemical Engineering Degree. Matthew is a Junior at BHS, plays ice hockey constantly and has big dreams of becoming a doctor someday. My greatest joy is spending time with them all, which this class is really putting a damper on.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

WebQuest Modifications

In my previous post, I linked you to a Google document with the evaluation of my chosen WebQuest using the rubric.  I realize now that I did not link you to the actual WebQuest.  Sorry!  Like I said before, my brain has turned to mush.  Here is the WebQuest.  I hope you enjoy it.

The WebQuest that I chose is age appropriate for the grade level that it was designed for.  I loved the color scheme, the images used, and the introduction is a real attention getter. The task assigned is for students to work together and create a story from the point of view of the food that is being digested.  Each group will focus on a specific area of digestion and then the class would decide on which parts to use to create the best story possible.  To enable a better understanding of each area of digestion, I would add some links that described each area and its responsibility to digestion in more detail.

The main problem with the WebQuest is that it did not include technology accept for the students working through the site itself.  Incorporating technology to this WebQuest would be easy.  Since students are creating a story, I would have them do it digitally with FlipBook or Digital Storyteller.  I think the students would enjoy animating their story.  The creator also has students writing down the three most important things that they learn from their research each day.  It would be great to have students post the important things in a Voicethread so they could see what their classmates have to add. 

1 comment:

  1. Great choices of digital media to beef up this WebQuest! I'm looking forward to viewing the products you create as examples for students

    ReplyDelete