"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." - Helen Keller

My photo
I am a wife of 21 years (almost 22) to Don, and we have two sons and one cocker spaniel (Daisy). Dylan is 19 years old and attends WVU in pursuit of a Chemical Engineering Degree. Matthew is a Junior at BHS, plays ice hockey constantly and has big dreams of becoming a doctor someday. My greatest joy is spending time with them all, which this class is really putting a damper on.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Audacity 2

My Podcast is finished.  This assignment has been one nightmare after the next.  The beginning was relatively easy.  I downloaded Audacity and LAME, then started to work on the project.  For the first several days, I could not figure out how to import my music from my Real Player library.  Fortunately, I paid attention to the class discussions and simply conducted a "drag and drop" to get the music imported.  I  went through days of editing, adding, deleting, and starting over.  I'm still not satisfied with the final outcome, but finally had to throw in the towel to save my sanity.  You can listen to my Podcast  here or below.


After my Podcast was complete, I had to export my project as an MP3 file.  From here I needed to obtain a Podbean account to use to publish and embed my Podcast.  This is where I ran into a great amount of trouble (and even a few tears).  It was extremely late for me to be up and I could not get my file to upload, so therefore, I could not embed the file.  I spoke to several friends for help, but failed to get any.  So... I turned to my best friend ately, Google.  I searched for information and "how to" upload, publish, and embed an MP3 file to Podbean.  I found the coolest tutorial.  Armed with the tutorial and a "hint" from Dr. Pierce in which he asked me to think about where I had saved the file, all was well.  I loggged into my Podbean account and followed the following instructions:

1.  Pubish
2. Publish a show
3.  Tag
4.  Upload file (browsed and found my file)
5. Publish
6.View site
7. Listen/check
8. Manage
9. Find new and embed (get the code and copy/paste to HTML on Blog)

Believe it or not, it only took about a half hour to watch tutorial and complete the process.

The ISTE NETS T which relates to Audacity is number three.  This would be a great way to discuss certain topics with students, especially older students.  Relevant information could be given while adding a little bit of fun with music or audio from videos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment