"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." - Helen Keller

My photo
I am a wife of 21 years (almost 22) to Don, and we have two sons and one cocker spaniel (Daisy). Dylan is 19 years old and attends WVU in pursuit of a Chemical Engineering Degree. Matthew is a Junior at BHS, plays ice hockey constantly and has big dreams of becoming a doctor someday. My greatest joy is spending time with them all, which this class is really putting a damper on.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Personality Profile 2

My prediction was correct.  After reading the selected material, I predicted my personality type to be ESFJ.  After completing the personality test, I found my personality type to be ESFJ.  This assignment was extremely fun and informational.  My test results indicated that my strength is in the Sensing area.  I can see that in myself.  I like to focus on basic information that I take it.  I have never been one to interpret and add my own meaning.  I rely a lot on life experience. 


One interesting aspect of the test results were career choices that might be a good option for my personality type.  Lately, I have been questioning my decision to become a teacher.  My first choice was always nursing.  As long as I can remember.  However, I wanted to be a good mother (first) and available for my children whenever I was needed.   I decided on teaching so I could have their schedule; be at school when they were and be home when they were).  I completed my teaching degree in 2007 and have been teaching for 4 years.  I am finding that I ALWAYS have to bring my work home in many ways (planning, grading, preparing, and the thoughts of students that I would like to bring home due to their situations).   It is brutal.  I am missing more now with my kids than I ever have.  I also realized that my children are growing up.  I have a Sophomore in college and Junior in high school.  When they are gone, I wonder if I'll regret my decision of giving up my life-long dream of nursing.

Well, anyway, nursing was one of the careers recommended for my personality type.



The ISTE NETS T standard that relates to this assignment is number five.  What better way to grow as a professional than to learn more about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment