"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." - Helen Keller

My photo
I am a wife of 21 years (almost 22) to Don, and we have two sons and one cocker spaniel (Daisy). Dylan is 19 years old and attends WVU in pursuit of a Chemical Engineering Degree. Matthew is a Junior at BHS, plays ice hockey constantly and has big dreams of becoming a doctor someday. My greatest joy is spending time with them all, which this class is really putting a damper on.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Personality Profile 1

Today's assignment was to look at the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and predict what my type would be.  I read the assigned reading and predict my four letter code to be ESFJ which indicates that I am "Warmhearted, conscientious, and cooperative. Want harmony in their environment, work with determination to establish it. Like to work with others to complete tasks accurately and on time. Loyal, follow through even in small matters. Notice what others need in their day-by-day lives and try to provide it. Want to be appreciated for who they are and for what they contribute."

Once I predicted my type and read the description, I completely agree with every aspect (and so does my husband).  I have always been very warmhearted and caring of others, sometimes to a fault.  I tend to put others ahead of myself.  I do not like confrontation and will try my best to establish a peaceful environment.  It takes a lot before I will speak my mind and I try to be empathetic toward people who I feel wrong me in any way.  I give them every benefit of the doubt.  I DO NOT like to be late in any circumstance (turning in assignments, going to church, class, work, doctor's appointments, etc).  I try my very best and will stress myself out terribly in an attempt to be on time, and if I am going to be late, I always try to call and explain the circumstances of my delay. 

The Keirsey Temperment indicates my personality type as a"Concrete Cooperators" or "Guardian."  The description says that Guardians "speak mostly of their duties and responsibilities, of what they can keep an eye on and take good care of, and they're careful to obey the laws, follow the rules, and respect the rights of others."

Again, I agree.  I get very frustrated with people who try to bend (or break) the rules.  I feel that rules are there for a reason. 
By the way, my husband is my polar opposite.  I guess opposites really do attract.

No comments:

Post a Comment