"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." - Helen Keller

My photo
I am a wife of 21 years (almost 22) to Don, and we have two sons and one cocker spaniel (Daisy). Dylan is 19 years old and attends WVU in pursuit of a Chemical Engineering Degree. Matthew is a Junior at BHS, plays ice hockey constantly and has big dreams of becoming a doctor someday. My greatest joy is spending time with them all, which this class is really putting a damper on.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pew Milennial Survey

The assignment for today was to take the Pew Milennial Survey, capture our score, and blog about it.  My understanding is that the higher the score, the more I have in common with members of the Milennial generation.  Well, the survey told me what I already knew, I don't have a lot in common with the Milennial generation. 

I am a generation Xer.  My score was 41.  I think that I'm just what some call "old fashioned."  I grew up in a home with both parents present (still together today), we were in church whenever the doors were open,  I had a stay-at-home mom, and my sisters and I were disciplined (NEVER out of anger) with a switch or belt (whichever was closer).  


That being said...what I love about the members of the Milennial generation is their zest for life.  I am seeing a change.  The Pew researchers were talking about the fact that the generation is heading toward being the best educated generation in history.  I can see that!  It goes back to what Ken Robinson said about needing to be educated for the time.  Now individuals have to have more than just a Bachelor's degree to be very productive in our society.   


No comments:

Post a Comment